The thoughtful approach and skilled know-how of Gravel To Gold, Inc. bring your projects from idea to completion.
Initial Landscape Design Consultation
This is an opportunity for us to meet with you, do a thorough walk through of your site, while listening to your list of dreams and wishes. We discuss your needs and the function of your project. We like to get a sense of your design preferences. Did you know that building a residential landscape can cost between 10 and 20% of the value of your home? We think it's pivotal to discuss your design and construction budget to generate ideas that are realistic for you.
After we have met with you once, we gather our thoughts and ideas and put together a design proposal for you. Our design fees vary widely depending on the scope of work. It does not matter how big or small your project is: be it a full-blown garden design project including a concept plan, construction drawings, and planting plan, or a simple re-planting of your existing space.
Depending on the scope of your project our design services may include:
- Existing Conditions: we can help you get detailed measurements of your existing site, including boundaries, trees, location of structures, and landscape features. You may also hire a professional surveyor to generate an accurate base plan.
- Programming: during this phase, we discuss your design preferences, needs, and zoning limitations.
- Conceptual Design: based on the program and existing conditions plan, we test the site and program elements to scale and develop a schematic design plan.
- Planting Design: this phase includes developing a plant palette specific to you site, planting layout and schedule.
- Design Development: this phase allows us to add technical information to the drawings as needed.
- Materials Plan: this phase allows us to select the right materials and products.
- Consultant Coordination: this phase includes design services provided as needed to coordinate with other design and construction consultants.
With a detailed Landscape Design Plan in hand, we can generate a thorough Opinion of Probable Costs for your project. We make sure that our Opinion of Probable Costs are as detailed as possible, often portraying worst-case scenarios so that there are no surprises down the line.
This phase is the actual construction of the project. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Tree work
- Rough Grading
- Layout of Hardscape Elements
- Design Elements Fabrication and Carpentry
- Fine Grading
We offer construction management services, which include: site visits to observe the project during construction, phone calls and other communications with the third party contractor as questions arise, proposing solutions, and creating additional construction detail drawings when needed. The process usually comprises of the following onsite meetings:
- Pre-construction meeting with contractor(s)
- Layout of Hardscape Elements
- Nursery Visits
- Plant Material Receiving and Approval
- Approval of Final Landscape Construction Punch List
After construction, we are available to answer questions or address concerns regarding your new landscape. As your routine landscape maintenance person cares for the garden, you can hire us to meet with them, and offer advice regarding ongoing care. We are available on a quarterly basis for cleanups, planting beds “tune-ups” and fertilization.